Wednesday, November 5, 2014

MYO Pumpkin Puree

Making your own pumpkin puree is so very easy! Well, here are a few pics While making my puree:

My 3 pumpkins on my well used pan!
                                                Stabbing the pumpkins several times each!
Going into my well used oven!
     After baking too long(I forgot the time) but they still came out ok!
Let the pumpkins cool off and then slice them in 1/2 and carefully scoop out the seeds and the stringy part. 


Baking time should only be 1 1/2 hours. Mine baked closer to 2 but the pumpkin seperated from the skin so easily this way.  I was able to just use a tablespoon for this. When you get it all out of the shell, puree it in a food processor or do what I did since I do not own one--mash with a fork.


And here you have it.......pure pumpkin puree.  Looks so pretty and easy peasy!  I'll never buy canned pumpkin again.

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment